Re: Trojans and ADWARE / NORTON

From: Richard Steven Hack (richardhack@SPAMHELLNOznet.com)
Date: 07/15/02

From: richardhack@SPAMHELLNOznet.com (Richard Steven Hack)
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 06:47:18 GMT

On Sun, 14 Jul 2002 12:21:45 +0100, "advid" <advid@freeuk.com> wrote:

>.... looking through the Norton manual it seems to tell you that it does
>'everything' but alas no trojans - good old ADAWARE.....

And keep in mind that trojans are more than just spyware which is what
Ad-Aware detects. Ad-Aware does NOT detect trojans in general. For
that you need a trojan detector like Mooseoft's The Cleaner.

And a good firewall to block trojans from communicating.

--
The Master

"Whatever does not kill me makes me stronger" - and YOU have not killed me!

  • Re: Trojan horse Downloader.Stubby.A
    ... Both Ad-Aware and SpyBot have had to add a "HijackThis" section to ... Blocking Spyware, Adware, Parasites, Hijackers, Trojans, with a HOSTS file ... >> Please post replies to this Newsgroup, ... >>> I've been assuming that HijackThis is primarily a diagnostic tool. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • RE: Ad-aware
    ... Ad-aware is only free for personal use. ... by spybotsd and vice-versa. ... detecting spyware, trojans, etc., I don't think you can be too careful. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Im sick of Trojans and Hijacked Browsers - please help
    ... I have been bombarded with trojans and my browser keeps ... I have run Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware, and ... have McAfee online virus scan. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Hijacks and Trojans
    ... I have been bombarded with trojans and my browser keeps ... I have run Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware, and ... have McAfee online virus scan. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Trojans and ADWARE / NORTON
    ... 'everything' but alas no trojans - good old ADAWARE..... ... > In n/g comp.security.firewalls you remarked... ... > hunter/killer, but they can all work well together. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)