Re: Website Hacking Attempt - letting the IP Block owners know?

From: Bit Twister (BitTwister@localhost.localdomain)
Date: 06/22/02

From: BitTwister@localhost.localdomain (Bit Twister)
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 20:31:32 GMT

On Sat, 22 Jun 2002 19:24:16 -0000, Paul Hutchings wrote:
> I've just checked our IIS and Urlscan logs and a few hours ago someone had
> a go at some of our sites, they didn't get anywhere as the server is
> patched up and filtered with Urlscan.
>
> I've looked up the IP on Ripe, and it doesn't appear to be the usual dialup
> as a regular company is listed.
>
> I'm after some examples of the sort of email you would send in this
> situation, basically I want to let them what seems to have been attempted,
> when, etc without sounding accusatory...

Subject: Your box appears to be infected,
Here is a copy of the logs.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: WebDAV Probes
    ... On the older IIS the ... URLscan logs have been steadily increasing, from scattered IPs, ... >> Have many others noticed a slow, but accelerating, ... >> While I have this disabled at the IIS level, ...
  • Website Hacking Attempt - letting the IP Block owners know?
    ... I've just checked our IIS and Urlscan logs and a few hours ago someone had ... I'm after some examples of the sort of email you would send in this ... when, etc without sounding accusatory... ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Website Hacking Attempt - letting the IP Block owners know?
    ... I've just checked our IIS and Urlscan logs and a few hours ago someone had ... I'm after some examples of the sort of email you would send in this ... when, etc without sounding accusatory... ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)