Cumulative Patches for Excel and Word for Windows (Q324458)

From: isthisfun@endofworkout.com
Date: 06/20/02

From: isthisfun@endofworkout.com
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 11:13:41 GMT

Hi

I use Word 97 and Excel Version 7 for Win95 on my Win98 SE OS.
I would like to know whether I should apply the patch described in
Bulletin: MS02-031. This is entitled Cumulative Patches for Excel
and Word for Windows (Q324458)
Date: 19 June 2002
Software: Microsoft Office for Windows
Impact: Run Code of Attacker's Choice
Max Risk: Moderate

This is a set of cumulative patches that, when applied, applies all
previously released fixes for these products.

The Security Bulletin at
 http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms02-031.asp
 contains information on obtaining this patch as well as the affected
systems. Although it doesn't list Word 97 or Excel V.7 for Win95, I
wonder whether a patch that applies to all previously released fixes
also applies to all previously released versions of Word and Excel -
or at least to the versions I use.

Relevant Pages

  • Cumulative Patches for Excel and Word for Windows (Q324458)
    ... This is entitled Cumulative Patches for Excel ... Software: Microsoft Office for Windows ... contains information on obtaining this patch as well as the affected ... Although it doesn't list Word 97 or Excel V.7 for Win95, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: windows excel &word 2003 pro save as command not responding
    ... I would probably create a restore point, ... Excel 95 - Excel 2007 ... the patch you can restore things to their original state. ... the other is locate in the windows system 32, the others 2 are in windows ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Revised: Microsoft Security Bulletin - MS02-031
    ... Cumulative Patches for Excel and Word for Windows ... Full bulletin details available at; ...
    (NT-Bugtraq)
  • Re: Any working SIP-phone on FreeBSD?
    ... CSV, then import CSV into Excel, when the boss turns his/her back? ... and on the "Windows" platform (that the scrapped PCs ... I do not have high hopes for Skype in the future. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Virus in microsoft Patch
    ... "Windows must restart because the Remote Procedure Call ... your system and install the patch mentioned above. ... You can also configure Automatic Updates to automatically ...