Cumulative Patches for Excel and Word for Windows (Q324458)

From: isthisfun@endofworkout.com
Date: 06/20/02

From: isthisfun@endofworkout.com
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 11:13:41 GMT

Hi

I use Word 97 and Excel Version 7 for Win95 on my Win98 SE OS.
I would like to know whether I should apply the patch described in
Bulletin: MS02-031. This is entitled Cumulative Patches for Excel
and Word for Windows (Q324458)
Date: 19 June 2002
Software: Microsoft Office for Windows
Impact: Run Code of Attacker's Choice
Max Risk: Moderate

This is a set of cumulative patches that, when applied, applies all
previously released fixes for these products.

The Security Bulletin at
 http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms02-031.asp
 contains information on obtaining this patch as well as the affected
systems. Although it doesn't list Word 97 or Excel V.7 for Win95, I
wonder whether a patch that applies to all previously released fixes
also applies to all previously released versions of Word and Excel -
or at least to the versions I use.