Re: Linksys BEFSR41, running cards at 100-full mode...

Date: 10/14/02

Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 16:52:41 -0500

"David" <> wrote in message
> Jim,
> Let's look at the facts here.
> That particular router is advertised as a 10/100 switch so it SHOULD be
> to deal with both speeds. You said you have the latest firmware. You
> talk amongst any of your lan computers or with any single of your lan
> computers to the internet with 100m. Is this correct?

Yes, that's correct. If you just change one card to a fixed rate of 10-full
it'll start to see the internet, but won't see the other machines still.
They *all*
have to be on 10-full mode to see each other or for any of them to see the

Yet in 10m every one
> of your computers can talk to each other and they all talk to the
> If you can do what you need to in 10m all of your other networking
> must be correct .

Yes I know they are setup correctly, regardless of "someone elses" claims
that it's probably all setup wrong.

 Are all three computers using the same type(brand/model)
> of ethernet card?

I'm not 100% certain, but yes I *think* they are. They are all Aopen
cards, and two of them are identical. The third is newer, but may be
the same "model", but I'm not certain.

> Shut off DHCP on the router first. You're supposed to have it off with
> forwarding, it doesn't seem on the surface to be causing your problem but
> you never know. Some things interfere with others in mysterious ways
> problems that seem totally unrelated. In the router's help file this is in
> bold so it must be important for some reason.

I will try this. DHCP has *always* been on.

> If that doesn't solve your problem. I'm left thinking this:
> 1.If all your ethernet cards are the same brand. They might be
> with the router.
> 2. The router is defective and is unable to communicate with anything at
> 100m
> I suspect number 2. Duane may have hit it on the nose in the first place.

Thanks for your advice, I'm gonna look into this and do more

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Router power surge problems
    ... NICs typically have protection up to 2000 volts. ... Chances are ethernet card diagnostics execute OK in all first tests. ... connect to the internet or to my PC through cable. ... PC does not connect to router via cable (ethernet card fried ...
  • RE: Cannot locate Server
    ... disconecting. ... it turned out to be an ethernet card that I had installed to ... "Jim L" wrote: ... Lately when I'm surfing the internet after a little while ...
  • Re: OTish: NextCube and Apple Extreme
    ... Assuming for the moment that your other machines are all ... 'Internet address' is the machine's unique IP address, ... 'Router address' is the default gateway - the IP address of your router most ... Jim I've DM you on Twitter ...
  • Re: Windows Xp Networking Ics Problem
    ... >1 for the internet and the other for the homenetworking of course. ... anyways when i restart my pc the ics ... Power Options for the Ethernet card that's used for ICS input, ... The router will block any malevolent internet ...
  • Can I do this? (sorta OT from CT)
    ... It is also connected via a second ethernet card to a Cabletron ... Put an AUI to RJ45 adapter on the single AUI port of the hub. ... Connect a Dynex 4-port ethernet router to the above port ... Connect to the Internet through this convoluted system. ...