Re: Netscreen 5 login

From: wparish@yahoo.com
Date: 06/28/02

From: wparish@yahoo.com
Date: 27 Jun 2002 15:58:33 -0700

For what you're doing WINS may be overkill anyway. If you're just talking about
5 clients, you may want to consider using a HOSTS file instead. Make sure your
DHCP lease is configured long enough that your office PC's won't change IP's,
then at your home computer make an entry for each PC and it's IP (check the
hosts.sam file for the syntax)
Keep it simple, something like
192.168.0.2 frontdesk
192.168.0.3 backoffice

Even when it's done, you probably won't be able to browse. But if you know the
name of the share you want to access over the VPN, at that point you can map the
drive by unc by typing it \\frontdesk\share

As a final P.S. on windows 9x hosts is in your windows directory, on nt/2k/xp
it's in winnt\system32\drivers\etc

In article <adi0ut$bph$1@aken.eed.ericsson.se>, "Wolfgang says...