TPF prohibits win95 upgrades

From: drkilldare (drkilldare@spacemail.com)
Date: 06/05/02

From: drkilldare@spacemail.com (drkilldare)
Date: 5 Jun 2002 00:28:28 -0700

TPF version 2.0.15 will not allow msdun1.3 to be installed causing a
vxd error BSOD which windows stupidly tells you to reinstall the OS.

It's a conflict with TPFs fwdrv which it installs in windows and makes
calls to the OS regardless of whether or not it's run as a service or
manually.

Some have stated that msdun1.3 can only be properly installed after
removing the old dun, which TPF will not allow. I've also noticed that
this version of TPF will not do a clean uninstall, necessitating
editing the registry.

If anyone knows the best way to install msdun1.3 on a win95 box
running winsock2, please let me know. There are as many stories on how
to do this as as their are newsgroups it seems; considering MS's
reputation, I am not holding my breath for a reliable answer from
them.

Relevant Pages

  • TPF prohibits win95 upgrades
    ... vxd error BSOD which windows stupidly tells you to reinstall the OS. ... It's a conflict with TPFs fwdrv which it installs in windows and makes ... which TPF will not allow. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: TPF prohibits win95 upgrades
    ... > vxd error BSOD which windows stupidly tells you to reinstall the OS. ... > It's a conflict with TPFs fwdrv which it installs in windows and makes ... which TPF will not allow. ... How is it possible for a person worried about network security to use ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: TPF prohibits win95 upgrades
    ... > vxd error BSOD which windows stupidly tells you to reinstall the OS. ... > It's a conflict with TPFs fwdrv which it installs in windows and makes ... which TPF will not allow. ... How is it possible for a person worried about network security to use ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: "reset" perms and ownerships
    ... the changes on /etc, it won't work, because configuration files won't be ... modified (it removes and installs, ... The generated list will include all automatically installed packages so it's not perfect for your needs, but I do not remember the exact syntax to exclude them. ... Guess I'll bite the bullet and reinstall the machine (with the added ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Problems with master boot record
    ... The symptoms don't follow the your observations, rather, they are reversed. ... MS OS installs or reinstalls overwrite the MBR. ... > reinstall xp. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)