Re: Purchasing Tiny 3.0 nightmare!

From: Matt (m.t.day.ZZZ@ntlworld.com.ZZZ)
Date: 04/24/02

From: Matt <m.t.day.ZZZ@ntlworld.com.ZZZ>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 18:20:08 +0100

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 17:12:41 +0100, "Derek" <-@-.com> wrote:

>I thought I read somewhere that Tiny had gone bust ??
>and the firewall software had been taken over by Kerio
>Maybe that's the problem !!

UK? you seem to be on the same ISP as me

TINY **COMPUTERS** went down, and ended up being taken over by rival
TIME Computers.

TINY **SOFTWARE** is nothing to do with them

Though if I understand correctly, they sold (or LOST) the 2.1 firewall
and its developers to KERIO.

Kerio offer the updated 2.1 free for personal use
Sygate have a usable free version (and a 5.0 free beta) with a more
highly featured PRO version (the 5.0 free beta adds SOME of those
features)
Agnitum Outpost (free and PRO)
Zonealarm (free/pro) - though the free looks VERY basic against the
other offerings.

How long has Tiny 3.0 been out?
Remember, it's TOTALLY NEW, so it must be barely out of beta!

--
I may be dozzzy, but take the ZZZ's out to mail me
http://www.junkroom.freeserve.co.uk/jvc2080.htm - That's me