Re: Purchasing Tiny 3.0 nightmare!

From: Matt (m.t.day.ZZZ@ntlworld.com.ZZZ)
Date: 04/24/02

From: Matt <m.t.day.ZZZ@ntlworld.com.ZZZ>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 18:20:08 +0100

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 17:12:41 +0100, "Derek" <-@-.com> wrote:

>I thought I read somewhere that Tiny had gone bust ??
>and the firewall software had been taken over by Kerio
>Maybe that's the problem !!

UK? you seem to be on the same ISP as me

TINY **COMPUTERS** went down, and ended up being taken over by rival
TIME Computers.

TINY **SOFTWARE** is nothing to do with them

Though if I understand correctly, they sold (or LOST) the 2.1 firewall
and its developers to KERIO.

Kerio offer the updated 2.1 free for personal use
Sygate have a usable free version (and a 5.0 free beta) with a more
highly featured PRO version (the 5.0 free beta adds SOME of those
features)
Agnitum Outpost (free and PRO)
Zonealarm (free/pro) - though the free looks VERY basic against the
other offerings.

How long has Tiny 3.0 been out?
Remember, it's TOTALLY NEW, so it must be barely out of beta!

--
I may be dozzzy, but take the ZZZ's out to mail me
http://www.junkroom.freeserve.co.uk/jvc2080.htm - That's me

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Free Firewall software
    ... > using no firewall software, with the exception of windows XP firewall. ... > firewall applications, kerio, and zone alarm. ... > other pay software is not an option, as i have no spare cash. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Purchasing Tiny 3.0 nightmare!
    ... > and the firewall software had been taken over by Kerio ... The majority of developers who were developing the Tiny Firewall left Tiny and ... formed Kerio a while back. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Any suggestions?
    ... trying to get the Kerio program to recognize the proxy browser, ... We have scanned your system for open ports and for ports visible to others ... > "Firewall" tab to "Ask Me First". ... > then see the five or six default rules supplied by Kerio. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: how to on firewall
    ... I have Kerio. ... The firewall frequently alerts. ... Certain web sites and/or web pages won't load because of blocking ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Attack detection in Kerio PF
    ... The closest I get is seeing the arrow in my system tray icon ... >>indicates outgoing packets. ... Your firewall was blocking the outgoing packets. ... Kerio kept asking for permissions after I ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)