Re: Zoned-Out Labs - DUMPS - all Win95 users!

From: CJ (martin@frontier.org)
Date: 04/14/02

From: "CJ" <martin@frontier.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 16:59:38 -0700

Hello Ludwig,
 After several weeks of evaluation I found a better personal firewall
and switched to it....you would have done the same I'm sure....

Agnitum - Outpost Personal firewall (FREE version)
1. Totally free firewall security and includes outbound protection
too...
2. Content filtering such as ad blocking, popup blocking, etc..which can
be customized on a site-by-site basis.
3. Also Outpost has great on-line tech support forums and Agnitum
answers email in 24-48 hours

http://www.agnitum.com/products/outpost/ - click here for the FREE
firewall with all the above features plus more....

  And while you're at it..check out the free to everyone Agnitum on-line
forums which covers -all- the Agnitum line..not just their personal
firewalls. I also use their anti-trojan program called Tauscan

http://www.agnitum.com/forum/ - for Agnitum free online forums

--
Thanks for the nice Usenet message...

Charles Johnston AB7SL - Ham Radio Pages www.ab7sl.com

"Ludwig" <Ludwig@chump.net> wrote in message news:1l0u8.5162$L1.506617@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net... > CJ - I thought you were pimping for Sygate, what happened? > > "CJ" <martin@frontier.org> wrote in message > news:ubfdp84rphll69@corp.supernews.com... > > Zoned-Out Labs has decided to dump and abandon all Win95 users... > > found at: http://www.zonelabs.com/zapupdate/win95.html > > (evidently Zoned-Out Labs cannot, will not, doesn't give-a-shit, or > > doesn't know how to secure a Win95 OS!!!) > > > > ---------snip > > Windows 95 is an older operating system, and is therefore inherently > > more vulnerable to security holes than newer operating systems. This is > > because the longer a software product is out, the longer hackers have to > > find vulnerabilities. > > Because old and unsupported software such as this goes against our > > core security philosophy, Zone Labs will cease to support Windows 95 to > > coincide with the introduction of our version 3.0 consumer product > > family, ZoneAlarm Pro 3.0 and ZoneAlarm 3.0. > > --------snip > > > > At Agnitum which makes Outpost Free and Outpost Pro firewalls Win95 > > users are fully supported... > > found at: http://www.agnitum.com/products/outpost/ > > --------snip > > Compatibility is no problem. Agnitum Outpost brings you peace of mind in > > any environment no matter what: > > > > Connection type you are using (dial-up, DSL, ISDN, Cable, T1 or > > Satellite). > > MS Windows version (95,98, 98SE, ME, NT, 2000, XP). > > ---------snip > > > > > > -- > > Thanks for the nice Usenet message... > > > > Charles Johnston > > AB7SL - Ham Radio Pages > > www.ab7sl.com > > > > > > > > > >

Relevant Pages

  • OutPost news release
    ... I thought I'd post this news release for OutPost firewall. ... Agnitum has released Outpost Firewall, a free, powerful personal firewall ... users who want to fine-tune their firewall protection. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Firewall Recomendations?
    ... >> computers access the Internet through a router which is plugged into the ... Which firewall program would you recommend? ... Agnitum's Outpost firewall. ... He is one of the "moderators" of the Agnitum KiddlyLand that Agnitum ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Software Firewalls are "Snake Oil" !
    ... I had a look at the specs for Tiny Personal Firewall - it says specifically ... > Outpost is one package whereas these are five (I recommend DNSKong ... >>So, bottom line, are these software firewalls worth a hoot? ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: i need a good firewall
    ... >> The only for windows Ive liked so far is tiny personal firewall and ... I have nothing against Outpost. ... as far as a firewall. ... issues pop up like I just described with XP, the developer can maintain ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: software or hardware firewall for broadband user please?
    ... Outpost by Agnitum is a very fine firewall, and it is not very difficult to ... Computer Associates E-Secure knock off of Zone. ... Finally I tried Outpost, and I am very happy with it. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)