Re: Best settings for Linksys BEFSR41?

From: scan (nobody@nobody.com)
Date: 03/11/02

From: "scan" <nobody@nobody.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 01:42:17 GMT

What is the SPI? The reason I ask is because mine is enable and I am
hosting. No problems.

"Dr. Bob" <rck@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 10 Mar 2002 06:23:22 GMT, "kod" <kod@triaddatasolutions.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Looks to me like your set up just fine for your network. If you get a
web
> >server you may want to use the port forwarding instead of dmz. This will
> >open up just the ports you specifiy for web browsing instead of opening
up
> >all ports.
>
> If you forward any ports you must disable SPI. You must also do that
> for DMZ.
>
> Dr. Bob
>
> "There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any
> government has is the power to crack down on criminals.
> Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them.
> One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes
> impossible to live without breaking laws."
> --Ayn Rand, "Atlas Shrugged"

Relevant Pages

  • Re: MCUs other than ARMs
    ... need for an MCU with 3 or more SPI ports which is not so easy to find ... but they have higher power consumptions ... need three SPI slave ports. ... with 100 mW a target (along with lower power ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Best settings for Linksys BEFSR41?
    ... >server you may want to use the port forwarding instead of dmz. ... >open up just the ports you specifiy for web browsing instead of opening up ... government has is the power to crack down on criminals. ... Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Power for US hub?
    ... their power requirements. ... ports on the front ... need the front ports for things like thumb drives (modest power ... the "front connectors" to the motherboard (the rear panel connectors ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • Re: Stern Software Question... for you other coders and businessmen.
    ... One thing all the historic pinball companies share is an "old school" ... it's all about money and the old business model says money is tied to ... Let's say you want mains power ... on a 6V game bulb by just mis-programming some ports, you cannot, it's ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: PC wont stop
    ... Let me just add, in case anyone asks, that removing the 5 v wall supply does not stop the hub from working but shut down is still prevented. ... If you unplug the F5U234 power adapter, the hub draws all power from ... When the power adapter is plugged in, each port is allowed to support ... to run all four ports at 500mA. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)