Re: What does this mean?

From: Christian Altenbach (altenbach@mediaone.net.invalid)
Date: 02/03/02

From: "Christian Altenbach" <altenbach@mediaone.net.invalid>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2002 00:16:01 GMT

"Ken Palmateer" <kpalmatr@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
news:mhuo5u4kc690d9prkm0n645q52rnd1m3n9@4ax.com...

> I'm a newbie to this sort of thing and the learning curve seems a bit
> steep, so patience please. My question is in relation to a message I
> am getting from the freeware ver. of the Kiwi syslog. I have a
> Netgear rt314 router. Can anyone explain generally (or specifically
> if so inclined what this is telling me:
> Data trigger: protocol 1

Data=45000030bf1140007f063ce1c0a80002d17b6daf04b90050010171e6000000007002fff
f0b9600000204057801010402

> Ken

First it tell us that you have "packet triggered log=yes" set in menu
24.3.2.

This show you the first 48 bytes of the packet (incl. header) that actually
triggered the internet connection (you are apparently using PPPoE).

More info on the log formats is here:
http://www.zyxel.com/support/supportnote/p314/app/syslog.htm

The most useful logs are from filters, so you should configure some logging
filters in order to see e.g. incoming connection attempts.

You'll find plenty of examples in the forum at DSLReports:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/equip,9

    Cheers
    C.