Have NAT Do I need more

From: Richard (rtgrenfell@dingoblue.net.au)
Date: 01/07/02

From: Richard <rtgrenfell@dingoblue.net.au>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 10:30:06 +1000

Hi folks I am new to the group. I'm sure my question has been covered
before but it is such a big group, I'm not sure where to start
looking.

At present I have a Router with Nat. The question is do I need more
than that??

I have the client PC's configured with static IP address's 192.168.0.x
and point the gateway through the router.

If there are any URL's in regard to further security I would
appreciate them.

Is there any particular attacks I should be aware of etc etc.

I apologize for the broad nature of the question, I am really looking
to get pointed in the right direction and what peoples thoughts and
experiences are.

Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Family DSL Unrecovery
    ... > screaming "when I tell you to plug the cable into the router, ... > least half a cow here, folks, and all the side dishes. ... > family type folks either not doing what I asked them to do, ... > I'd be a whole lot nicer if they didn't bullshit me. ...
    (alt.sysadmin.recovery)
  • Re: VPN vs File Sharing, XP Pro, SP3
    ... I have UltraVNC working and did not want to give folks that level of access. ... I have not got Filezilla to communicate outside of my router NAT yet. ... In addition it has a File Transfer module which makes it very easy to ...
  • Re: material and source for router table top?
    ... >> I'm getting ready to make a new router table. ... >> what do you folks think of the phenolic tops? ... These layers of laminations are usually of cellulose paper, ... > cotton fabrics, synthetic yarn fabrics, glass fabrics or unwoven fabrics. ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: Need a little help articulating
    ... > I have a group of folks I'm working with that have a small private ... Doesn't the NAT router allow adding the IP for a host into a ... de-militarized zone (DMZ) which would then allow external access to it? ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Coming to a Campsite near you - mobile routers
    ... traveling and when they were at the site in the boonies in AZ one of the folks had direct pc on their rig along with a wireless router. ... Whenever the owner was on he let other folks share the connection. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)