wifi file sharing security
- From: Prakhar Kumar Goel <hiprakhar@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 08:56:15 -0700 (PDT)
hope you are in the best of your healths.
Here it goes- I have a desktop and a laptop sharing a common internet.
The desktop is "wired" to router and laptop is connected via "wifi" to
I also share files and data between the 2 computers over LAN (not
internet). And I have allowed root sharing of the drives in both
Its working fine. The problem is, the people next door are smart. So I
want adequate security measures to prevent misuse of my internet
connection and access to my files and data on both computer to
Measures already take:
1) I have enabled WPA2 wireless security in router, given a strong
2) changed the default username and password of the router, to a very
2) changed the default username and password of the modem, to a very
What more can I do to secure my files and data while sharing between
the 2 systems and also from the internet??????