Re: Lock down wireless network
- From: "Just D." <no@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 08:45:56 -0700
It's easy. Assign some IP to this machine on the router using MAC address,
set the static IP on this computer. Hopefully kids are not having the full
administrative access to all system settings? :)
"Tony" <kennyja@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Does anyone know how I can lock down a workstation so that it can ONLY
attach to a specified wireless network.
Let me explain a little bit. I recently set up a ton of filter rules
for my wireless router, to block certain sites from the kids, only to
find out that they were attaching to a neighbors hotspot (which is not
secured) to get around the filters.
I was hoping to specify my home network on there workstations and then
lock them down to avoid this problem.
- Prev by Date: How can I remove EVERYONE from default sharing permisions
- Next by Date: EFS decryption without keys
- Previous by thread: How can I remove EVERYONE from default sharing permisions
- Next by thread: EFS decryption without keys