Re: Removed domain logon,I really screwed up

There are quite a few software tools on the internet, that can
help to recover data on NTFS without logging on to the OS.
Another simple way is to move the hard drive to another PC
with a compatiable OS.
The last way is to recover your admin's password. search the
internet and you will find it.

-Kevin

"Bruce" <sweet03water@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I guess I really screwed up. I had an old pc that was set up in a domain
> so that I could connect from home to get my work email. Well, I'm no
> longer at that job and I wanted to share this pc with my personal pc's.
> So I decided to switch the old work pc to a workgroup. I ignored the
> message about my domain account would be disabled - didn't think I
> needed that anymore. Well, I forgot the local admin account/password
> stuff. So now I cann't logon at all. I'd like to get some of the data
> off the old work pc but I'm thinking my only alternative is to format
> and reinstall. Any other suggestions. The disk is using ntfs.
>
> Bruce
>
> ps - please don't tell my girlfriend!

  • Re: Windows XP Pro
    ... NTFS and is compatible with both. ... The young man who put the Windows XP Pro on her system ... >>> installed Windows XP Pro as a FAT 32 file system. ... >> - Open ONE copy of Internet Explorer. ...
  • Re: Somethings deleting Files
    ... Stay off the Internet using an Administrator account ... If your not using NTFS, ... I think your still kind of vulnerable to attack from the Internet unless you ... I have BlackIce behind the router. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or disk. - Help?
    ... The other computers in the network are secure or virus free. ... It's pretty deep in to NTFS territory but who ... > infected when connected to the internet. ... >> table with out a format? ...
  • Re: failure to mount corrupted drive
    ... trying to recover data for a friend off an ntfs drive. ... reports it as ntfs anyway. ... only other choice is to try Windows itself. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: NTFS??!!
    ... It's no more bulletproof in the face of hardware disasters, ... more difficult to recover data from. ... >so NTFS just makes sense. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)