Re: How can I remove EVERYONE from default sharing permisions

Hi:

Ususally this is accomplished through the use of the sharing tab in the
properties section of the Properties dialog. In this tab you can select
which groups have access to the folder in question. I am not sure I
understand what you mean by:

On 15-Mar-2005, "MikiMan" <mihaiheler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> so when a user wants to share a folder he will have another group of
> users as the default share permisions.

I believe this sharing permissions must be designated manually.

  • Re: Difference in sharing and security tab
    ... I assume that your computer has Windows XP Professional. ... Home Edition has a Sharing tab, but no Security tab, in the folder ... The Sharing tab lets you specify whether a folder is shared. ... network, but it doesn't give those users permission to access the ...
  • Setting folder permission questions
    ... the options on setting up folder permissions for a folder ... Web Sharing Tab - I'm not sure the purpose of this. ... Security Tab - Does this override the Permissions button ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: User does not have sharing tab in explorer
    ... First, when a remote user connects to a share, the sharing tab is not ... is logged on locally to machine hosting the share if the folder is opened ... In Windows 2003 Server ordinary users will not be able to even see ... > When Fred logs in from his client computer and opens the share on the ...
  • Re: My F#@!&$% Network Problem Possibly Solved
    ... the factory with a FAT32 file system. ... So when I right-click on a folder and go to Properties, ... tabs: General, Sharing, and Customize. ... The Win2000 computer does indeed have a Sharing tab and what's under it ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: no access to third machine
    ... I can access my daughters My Documents folder from my desktop on her ... The sharing tab for her My Documents folder allows full permissions ... permission in the folder's properties. ...