Re: Clock syncronization

From: John Thompson (john_at_vector.os2.dhs.org)
Date: 10/28/05

    Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 23:05:08 GMT

    On 2005-10-27, billie <billiejoex@gmail.com> wrote:

    > I got some clients running behind a linux samba PDC.
    > Every time I boot up the client the clock time is always wrong. I would
    > like to auto execute a script at startup to auto syncronize the client
    > on the time server that listens on the server. Does it is possible?

    Samba can be configured to provide time service your clients can use via
    "net time /set"

    See:

    http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/samba/chapter/book/ch08_01.html

    --
    John (john@os2.dhs.org)

    • Clock syncronization
      ... Every time I boot up the client the clock time is always wrong. ... like to auto execute a script at startup to auto syncronize the client ... on the time server that listens on the server. ...
      (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
    • Re: clock syncronization
      ... >I got some clients running behind a linux samba PDC. ... > Every time I boot up the client the time's clock results always wrong. ... > like to auto execute a script at startup to auto syncronize the client ...
    • clock syncronization
      ... I got some clients running behind a linux samba PDC. ... Every time I boot up the client the time's clock results always wrong. ... like to auto execute a script at startup to auto syncronize the client clock ...
    • Re: Problem to update device time using SNTP
      ... There's a threshold set for the SNTP client so that you ... Paul T. ... query to server & time server is also sending reply back to device. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)
    • Re: kadmin: GSS-API (or Kerberos) error
      ... Make sure that the client and server is in sync with a time server. ... my current info on the jyho/admin principals ... kadmin/foo.intra.foobar.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, success, ...
      (comp.protocols.kerberos)