Windows update ports

From: billie (billiejoex_at_gmail.com)
Date: 10/27/05

    Date: 26 Oct 2005 16:42:58 -0700

    I got a private network administrated by a Debian firewall/server.
    Wich ports do I have to open on the firewall (iptables) to permit the
    clients to execute Windows update?
    Note that the clients doesn't execute updates manually via browser: I
    enabled the automatic update function from the "security center" that,
    I suppose, uses a different port instead of 80 tcp.

    Besides, I'd like to open the right port exclusively regarding the
    Microsoft-update-servers. Because there are more than one server can
    someone please provide me a list of all Microsoft update servers?
    Something like:

    download.microsoft.com
    windowsupdate.com
    windowsupdate.microsoft.com

    Is there some other one I forgot?

    Best regard and thank you in advance.

    • windows update port
      ... I got a private network administrated by a Debian firewall/server. ... Note that the clients doesn't execute updates manually via browser: ... uses a different port instead of 80 tcp. ...
    • Re: adding machine to domain with NATed IPs
      ... sounds that the DCs are not reaching the clients ... weight 100, port 389, target srv5.mydomain.local ...
    • Re: adding machine to domain with NATed IPs
      ... sounds that the DCs are not reaching the clients ... Type: SRV (Service location) ... weight 100, port 389, target srv5.mydomain.local ...
    • Re: DDoS to microsoft sites
      ... The primary difference between the two clients is that the first port scan I ... > - netbios (brute force attack on Administrator account) ... I'm guessing that the SQL server is the infection vector in both these ...
      (Incidents)
    • Re: Help need desperately!
      ... Changing from port 80 is not required. ... Inventory information began flowing properly. ... All of the clients seemed to install with the new ... >> found our problem to be in our TCP port configuration on the Server. ...
      (microsoft.public.sms.inventory)