Windows ME user profiles

From: tony2k (
Date: 07/26/05

Date: 26 Jul 2005 09:06:09 -0700

I work in a secondary school with about 300 workstations running
Windows ME and 2 Windows 2000 Advanced Servers on the same domain. I
have created a template to ensure all pupils have exactly the same
desktop across the network. However, I can only achieve this by turning
on user profiles, which creates a HUGE amount of redundant data being
written to the server where the template is stored as when each pupil
logs on it creates an identical user profile. 1300 identical user
profiles is somewhat annoying and fairly disk intensive. Is there any
way of getting ME to use the template without enabling user profiles?

Relevant Pages

  • Help!
    ... User Profiles. ... The icons in the System Tray near the Windows clock are ... registry you may not be able to start your computer. ...
  • RE: Cant reinstall Office 2000 SR 1
    ... You are using Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition or Microsoft ... To resolve this problem, run Setup for Office. ... The first user who runs Setup in the configuration sets the installation ... box on the User Profiles tab of the Password Properties dialog box. ...
  • RE: User Profiles
    ... >Subject: User Profiles ... >a normal user account he asks me for the CD of my windows ... >some errors on some SIF files and dll's with value 0 on ...
  • Re: Windows file Protectio
    ... Is the re-install a straight forward job or will it muck-up my user profiles ... > I was getting that sort of thing frequently after installing SP4 on my ... > installation) because nothing else would replace the system files. ... >> configured to not bring up windows. ...
  • RE: Unknown Event
    ... >Subject: Unknown Event ... >I have been receiving the following error on a Windows ... To resolve this behavior, use the User Profile Hive Cleanup Service (UPHClean), a service from Microsoft to help slow log ... UPHClean monitors the system while unloading user profiles and forces any unreleased resources to close so ...