Windows ME user profiles

From: tony2k (
Date: 07/26/05

Date: 26 Jul 2005 09:06:09 -0700

I work in a secondary school with about 300 workstations running
Windows ME and 2 Windows 2000 Advanced Servers on the same domain. I
have created a template to ensure all pupils have exactly the same
desktop across the network. However, I can only achieve this by turning
on user profiles, which creates a HUGE amount of redundant data being
written to the server where the template is stored as when each pupil
logs on it creates an identical user profile. 1300 identical user
profiles is somewhat annoying and fairly disk intensive. Is there any
way of getting ME to use the template without enabling user profiles?