Re: Locking down Apache on NT - File Permissions?

From: Thor Kottelin (thor_at_anta.net)
Date: 04/24/05

    Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 13:04:26 +0300

    Bob Novell wrote:

    > On a Unix box with Apache, you can specify the folders that can be
    > accessed by a web site user. With Unix/Apache permissions can be set
    > such that one person's programs (or "cgi scripts" if you prefer)
    > cannot access anything outside of the web sites directories unless the
    > Administrator grants permission..
    >
    > Does a similar ability exist on NT and, if it does, where should I
    > start looking for detailed information?

    NT can handle FAT and NTFS file systems. The latter supports access control.
    Please see e.g. <URL:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTFS>.

    Thor

    --
    http://www.anta.net/OH2GDF

    • Web Credibility Research - Please Take This Online Survey
      ... area is in studying the infouence of Web site user involvement level on ... survey is now online and I need participants willing to give 20 - 35 ... minutes of their time to participate in this survey. ...
      (alt.internet.search-engines)
    • Web Credibility Research - Please Take This Online Survey
      ... area is in studying the infouence of Web site user involvement level on ... survey is now online and I need participants willing to give 20 - 35 ... minutes of their time to participate in this survey. ...
      (misc.invest.stocks)
    • Web Credibility Research - Please Take This Online Survey
      ... area is in studying the influence of Web site user involvement level on ... survey is now online and I need participants willing to give 20 - 35 ... minutes of their time to participate in this survey. ...
      (comp.lang.javascript)
    • Web Credibility Research - Please Take This Online Survey
      ... area is in studying the influence of Web site user involvement level on ... survey is now online and I need participants willing to give 20 - 35 ... minutes of their time to participate in this survey. ...
      (rec.games.video.classic)
    • Web Credibility Research - Please Take This Online Survey
      ... area is in studying the influence of Web site user involvement level on ... survey is now online and I need participants willing to give 20 - 35 ... minutes of their time to participate in this survey. ...
      (sci.psychology.theory)