Re: IT ethics in the workplace

From: Stan Brown (the_stan_brown_at_fastmail.fm)
Date: 03/26/05

    Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 08:15:34 -0500

    "" wrote in comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security:
    >I have not worked in a place that monitors email, but I have studied it.
    >I think you can't bury the fact that you monitor email in an employment
    >contract and then pounce on someone out of the blue.

    Why?

    That=3Fs like saying (*)=3FI think you can=3Ft bury the fact that you
    monitor employee use of telephone and the pounce on someone out of
    the blue for making personal calls.=3F

    Seems to me the default is that your employer=3Fs property is not for
    your personal use. Te employer should not have to warn you not to
    steal.

    (*)Apologies for the garbage characters in the above message.
    Gravity has not adapted well to Windows XP, and one of the
    annoyances is that every once in a while it decides to change real
    quotes to so-caled =3Fsmart quotes=3F. There isn=3Ft even a setting for
    this in the options!

                                      http://OakRoadSystems.com/