Windows Server 2000 permission issues

From: cgian31 (
Date: 03/18/05

    Date: 18 Mar 2005 13:58:07 -0800

    I have one folder: "root".
    Under "root" I have "a1" and "a2".

    I want all users to be denied delete of "a1" and "a2" but at the same
    time to be allowed to create and delete files and folders under "a1"
    and "a2".

    I tried playing with the "delete" and "delete files and subfolders" but
    it doesn't seem to work. When I use "deny" it will create more troubles
    than anything!

    • Re: Page and Images not found on Localhost
      ... I didn't know that even images could be declared as server controls. ... which may not have been declared as a server control. ... I designated the "project" folder as an application in IIS. ... is the root for anything under it. ...
    • Re: Virtual Directory, Paths, Local and Deployed Problem
      ... If you are looking to get to the /images folder from the root. ... In production: ... make this a virtual folder in IIS. ...
    • Re: more pigs in the %$^# barn
      ... .config folder, sometimes a .kde folder, and one .readahead file. ... It's obviously something with root ... I've never seen a .readahead file yet either, but I do believe that it ...
    • Re: change permissions to copy pictures into backgrounds
      ... (or root owed files) type into a term window: ... I have a folder that contains pictures I took myself and like to use ... this old design is not always handy. ...
    • Re: This will stump you
      ... > folder, they are not in the web's root. ... Convert the folder to a subweb - ... > Also clear your IE Temp files ...