Re: Group Policy-Security

From: Steve Seguis [MVP] (steve_NO_SPAM_at_scriptmation.com)
Date: 02/05/05

    Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 05:23:02 GMT

    If those settings are defined at the domain level (i.e. default domain
    policy). then nothing you do at the workstation level with override these
    settings unless there is a policy that overrides it at the OU level.

    --
    Steve Seguis - MCSE, MVP Windows Server, SCJP
    SCRIPTMATION, INC.
    "CJC" <cjc@prodigy.net> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know if it is possible and where to go in the registry to
    > change the values for password aging, remebering same passwords etc. that
    > are set in group policy? I have a machine with a corporate image on it so
    > those group policy settings are grayed out to me despite having local
    > admin rights. Thanks,

    • Re: scripted logon
      ... Why can't you launch all the scripts from a Group Policy based Logon script. ... Here's the policy settings (I sure hope word wrap doesn't mess it up too ... Windows Components/Windows Installer ...
    • Re: GPO Update Problem (SYSVOL access via UNC)
      ... Server Security and Auditing Policy ... This list only includes links in the domain of the GPO. ... The settings in this GPO can only apply to the following groups, users, ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
    • Re: GPO Update Problem (SYSVOL access via UNC)
      ... >> Server Security and Auditing Policy ... >> The settings in this GPO can only apply to the following groups, users, ... >> Windows Firewall: Allow file and printer sharing exception Enabled ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
    • Re: GPO Update Problem (SYSVOL access via UNC)
      ... > Server Security and Auditing Policy ... > This list only includes links in the domain of the GPO. ... > The settings in this GPO can only apply to the following groups, users, ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
    • Re: Loopback replace mode
      ... For security settings which are defined by more than one policy, ... Organizational Unit Policy ... The only problem comes from the "No override". ... shutdown setting from the existing domain level policy, create a new GPO ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)