Re: All security disabled on WinXP

From: CJC (cjc_at_prodigy.net)
Date: 02/04/05

    Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 20:49:31 -0500

    Being a Dell does it have Roxio on it by chance? It doesn't interface well
    with a lot of other programs. Also I know you said you were oK now but you
    could always do a system restore back a few days. Later,
    Chris
    <abcd_68@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I've got this weird problem on my Dell Inspiron 8500 running WinXP Pro
    > SP2. Suddenly anything that is related to security has stopped working.
    > I mean secure sites (https://...), firewall (Norton Internet Security),
    > and Norton Antivirus. "Normal" (i.e., non-secure) networking is
    > perfectly ok. I don't remember installing anything special in the past
    > few days, certainly not windows updates.
    >
    > Can anyone help?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Andy

    • Re: Silver surfer WMP11 questions to prevent nervous breakdown
      ... I thought that I could always reinstall the Roxio software, ... Dell don't have the patch for us, ... See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info. ... The update turned out to be WMP11. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsmedia)
    • Re: RHEL4U5 and NIC flipping
      ... I need eth0 to always be on the same port (port0) (vlan taggging, ... security reasons etc) so when I update/install and port0 is now being ... will rename the interface to what ever you designate if the MAC address for the interfaces matches HWADDR. ... I have a similar problem on the Dell 2950. ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: CDs wont burn
      ... This told me that the problem was between Roxio ... available on the Dell site does not work with Roxio. ... firmware update to get the Dell specific installer (sfdnwin ... > I've used my TDK DVD burner many times to burn CDs. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
    • Re: Need to know how burn CDs on windows xp
      ... what was installed into my Dell computer when I bought it. ... Roxio Easy CD Creator 5. ... Microsoft only offers generic drivers. ... download a freeware version of a CD burner software. ...
    • Re: Roxio
      ... >I have Roxio Easymedia creator 7.5 installed on my Dell Windows XP machine ... >it's a dell or windows problem, and dell says it's a roxio problem. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos)