computer problem

From: R Hallock (hallock_at_innercite.com)
Date: 08/25/04

Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 15:41:18 -0700

Can anyone help with this message and problem on my computer?

It is constantly shutting down with the message:
System shutdown
NT Authority\system windows must restart because the Remote Procedure Call
(RPC) service terminated unexpectatly.
The computer counts down from 59 seconds, to zero then reboots.

If you know why this is happening, and/or how to fix it, please reply!
I thought I must have a virus, but the computer shop said it has no virus'.
I thought maybe it did anyway, so I did a complete restore to the hard
drive.
I've also added a spyware program and I still am getting this message. I'm
usually online when it happens, on MS Explorer, would that matter?
Please help,
rd

Relevant Pages

  • Re: canti.exe
    ... It's a trojan (virus) file. ... Restart in Safe mode by hitting F8 as Windows first begins to load on boot. ... Look in the right hand pane for the string or strings that load that file. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: iqkiajdb.exe file in WinXP Profesional keeps Not Responding and can not be deleted
    ... Trojan (virus) file. ... Restart in Safe mode by hitting F8 as Windows first begins to load on boot. ... Look in the right hand pane for the string or strings that load that file. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: uasdfbgibv.exe - what is this?
    ... It's a trojan (virus) file. ... Restart in Safe mode by hitting F8 as Windows first begins to load on boot. ... Look in the right hand pane for the string or strings that load that file. ...
  • windows wont start
    ... So I attempted to restart using ... >times upon startup the box saying windows had recovered ... All virus scans ... will look over your Hard drive for the installation then ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • windows wont start
    ... Have you tried the XP recovery console from the cd, ... So I attempted to restart using ... >times upon startup the box saying windows had recovered ... All virus scans ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)