NTFS Permissions to Prevent File Deletion

From: Chris Roy (chrisr_at_jccabq.org)
Date: 08/06/04

    Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 11:56:18 -0600

    In Server 2003, is it possible to grant users the rights in a directory
    to execute, read, write etc. while not allowing them to delete files? I
    have a Foxpro database on a server. In order for users to be able to run
    the database they must have access to the specific directory. However
    anyone with access can delete any file in that directory! Any help would
    be greatly appreciated.

    Chris

    • Re: Connecting to remote fox databases over the internet
      ... The remote computer has a foxpro database for data storage. ... I have installed the OLEDB driver for Fox on the remote server. ... Build a Multi Threaded COM Server containing something like below. ...
    • Requirements to use COLLATE
      ... I have a web application (Windows 2003 Server with IIS6) which uses OLE ... DB to connect aspx to a FoxPro database. ...
      (microsoft.public.data.oledb)
    • Re: vfp9 speed issues
      ... > foxpro database on a win2003 server. ... Are their virus-scanners scanning VFP's data files (*.DBF, *.CDX, *.IDX, ....) and other files? ... Or are you using a database server to store data? ...
    • Invalid path or file name.
      ... I have a major problem with trying to access a foxpro database from a web app. ... I have created a web app which is deployed on a server. ... The access to the database is a shared path. ...
    • Robocopy to migrate?
      ... I need to migrate a FoxPro database to another server. ... dylan. ... Prev by Date: ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.general)