Re: Penetration Testing/Vulnerability Study

From: JSS (onlyjunkmail_at_email.com)
Date: 07/28/04

    Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 10:31:53 -0400

    On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 20:50:59 -0700, "Sherman H." <shung@charter.net>
    wrote:

    >I am searching for what areas are tested for a regular penetration test done
    >by a consultant. We are thinking about doing that by ourselves Info
    >Security Team and would like to have a comprehensive listing of the scope.
    >Any links are appreciated.

    This might help, you will need to join if you are not a member
    already. It's free and worth it.

    http://techrepublic.com.com/1200-26-5123765.html?tag=e108

    Jeff

    • Penetration Test/Vulnerability Study
      ... I am searching for what areas are tested for a regular penetration test done ... by a consultant. ... Security Team and would like to have a comprehensive listing of the scope. ...
      (comp.security.unix)
    • Penetration Testing/Vulnerability Study
      ... I am searching for what areas are tested for a regular penetration test done ... by a consultant. ... Security Team and would like to have a comprehensive listing of the scope. ...
      (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
    • Penetration Test
      ... I am searching for what areas are tested for a regular penetration test done ... by a consultant. ... Security Team and would like to have a comprehensive listing of the scope. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Vulnerability Assessment
      ... I am searching for what areas are tested for a regular penetration test done ... by a consultant. ... Security Team and would like to have a comprehensive listing of the scope. ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: A suggestion for DSP consultants
      ... then there's the related aspect that the consultant ... needs to determine what scope of work they are ... unwilling to bid on the perceived entire "task at hand". ...
      (comp.dsp)