Re: Dual boot possible on a NT PC

From: Tobias Sasse (lists_at_t-sasse.de)
Date: 05/10/04

    Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 22:59:12 +0200

    Albert <albert.cougnet@swing.be> wrote:

    > So my question is: is it possible to make this PC dual boot with a
    > partition NT and a partition with Windows XP ?

    Usually that shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure you have an unused
    partition large enough to keep an XP system. Also make sure you have
    backup copies of all important documents on your laptop. Then install XP
    to the unused partition. It should extend the boot related files and
    information on C: automatically and provide an OS selection menu each
    time the computer is booting.

    Tobias

    • "list shows partitions and unpartitions space,,select item on list"
      ... I have Windows XP pro that was/is installed on another home built, I would like to install XP pro on this machine that has 'Home". ... *To create a partion in the unpartitioned space, ... Partition 1 NTFS 38154 MB ... I need help with the selection chocies. ...
    • Re: Can someone else help? Was changing partition size.
      ... with one hard drive, that Windows 98 does not list. ... My Computer still does not list the partition that has ... two hard drives. ... This should fix the boot sector on the C: drive and allow you to boot ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Can someone else help? Was changing partition size.
      ... Windows 98 to boot up. ... My Computer still does not list the partition that has ... This should fix the boot sector on the C: drive and allow you to boot ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • fixing grub : mbr fix when windows install after linux
      ... "There is not a boot manager screen at all, ... windows but GRUB boot window does not appear. ... "I forgot to install GRUB, I didn't install GRUB in the MBR, I chose ... Fedora but that was not an active primary partition". ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: xp on intel Mac from usb stick?
      ... Would it be possible to run windows xp native from a usb stick? ... A custom slipstreamed CD is required to install XP on a Mac. ... partition managers but if you're feeling adventurous you may ... This procedure WILL WIPE YOUR iMAC DISK CLEAN. ...
      (comp.sys.mac.apps)