forgot password to a leased server....

From: Dave (dave_at_removethis.networkdept.com)
Date: 03/02/04

    Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 18:55:13 -0500

    So, I leased a webserver froma web host. Full access to W2K. I changed the
    administrator password from the default and started getting ready to host
    several of my sites.

    This happened last week, which was also when my mother died. I had a lot on
    my mind and was running short on sleep.

    Anyway..Does anyone have any ideas on how to crack/reset a password when you
    DO NOT have physical access to the box?

    It's easy when you have physical access, but I'm a bit stumped right now..

    Thanks,

    Dave

    • forgot password to a leased server....
      ... I leased a webserver froma web host. ... administrator password from the default and started getting ready to host ... It's easy when you have physical access, but I'm a bit stumped right now.. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Re: Help on Administrative pasword security
      ... If I was out to reset your administrator password I would change it to ... protect physical access to your servers. ... >> switch from LM Hash to NTLM Hash. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Re: How to avoid hacking of local XP password ?
      ... If someone has physical access, ... Monitor them more closely. ... There is no security without physical security. ... > administrator password. ...
    • Re: Administrator Password
      ... physical access to your computer to do such. ... --- Steve ... > It was a point of sale system with the OS installed by the vendor who is ... I am prompted for the Administrator password. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Re: Securing Administrator password on a windows 2003 server
      ... If people have physical access to the server you can't. ... to use a downloaded tool to change the Administrator password. ...