Re: Some questions on setting user access for certain Domain user.

From: Kieran (
Date: 03/01/04

    Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 14:49:22 +1000

    Create a domain user with the required acces on the server then add that
    user to the local Administrators Group on the client PC.

    "Shige" <> wrote in message
    > I'm using Win2K3 as server and WinXP as client and have a domain where
    > each clients need to login. The client accounts have limited access to
    > their local PC as well as the server.
    > Now, the Administrator account will have all access to the server and
    > the client PC when log on. The question is, how can I create a user
    > account that have full access on local client PC but have limited access
    > on the server?
    > For eg, if I want to do some installation of software on the client PC,
    > I will need to use an Administrator account, but i don't want that, coz'
    > I will be given this task to some else and this person shouldn't have
    > full access on the server.
    > Please help.
    > Thank you.

    • Re: What doesnt lend itself to OO?
      ... >> proxy and instructs the server to constuct the real object. ... rather than client code. ... If 'clock' is instantiated in the server, ... > for the server interface at the OOA level. ...
    • Re: More Get-IPlayer Questions
      ... to use with mutt mail client. ... antinat - 0.90-4 - Antinat is a flexible SOCKS server and client ... protocol for Sybase or MS SQL Server. ... ifstat - 1.1-1 - InterFace STATistics Monitoring ...
    • This is going straight to the pool room
      ... or not the client has privilege to do what they're trying to do, ... The server environment is this: ... 3GL User action Routines that Tier3 will execute on your behalf during the ... Routine Name: USER_INIT ...
    • [Full-Disclosure] R: Full-Disclosure Digest, Vol 3, Issue 42
      ... Full-Disclosure Digest, Vol 3, Issue 42 ... SD Server 4.0.70 Directory Traversal Bug ... Arkeia Network Backup Client Remote Access ...
    • Re: Problem with connect computer wizard
      ... You mentioned that you're using Anonymous access with Administrator ... Open ConnectComputer properties in IIS. ... And there is only the DNS server be configured on client ...