Re: Parsing Dr. Watson log files

From: Top Rock (top-rock_at_lycos.co.uk)
Date: 02/24/04

    Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 19:37:32 -0000

    Try using something like :-

    for /f "tokens=1,2,3,4" %i in (myfile.log) do echo %i %j %k %l>>
    parsedfile.txt

    the tokens tells the command to use the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th colum the %i
    means the first collum variable is %i the myfile.txt is the name of the log
    and then we can echo which colums out that we want. In this case I have said
    colums 1,2,3,4 by echoing %i, %j %k %l

    "Bobby Crown" <for2net1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Can anyone tell me the easiest way to parse a Dr. Watson log file?
    >
    > Thanks in advance!!

    • Re: For Command - can I do IN clause: (cmd 1 & cmd 2) ???
      ... "Pegasus (MVP)" wrote: ... I need to parse the files in the generated list. ... do echo %~fxR) ... yielding me the highest level directory last ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Upgrading my processor
      ... echo znexfbhgu2000@xxxxxxxxxxx|tr a-z n-za-m ... I can't even parse it!" ... - Kibo, in ARK ...
      (comp.os.linux.setup)
    • Re: sh script help needed
      ... I think I've been able to parse ... > the positional parameters, but I'm not seeing clearly how to remove ... > echo $list ...
      (comp.unix.shell)
    • Re: bash script to select characters from a string
      ... > after reading the line, ... > it should echo, ... Parse out '', and what you want is first and second elements. ... BashDiff: Super Bash shell ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: how to parse variable=value format from file
      ... > this file that contains a list of values in 'variable=value' format. ... > i want to parse the list contained in the file and display them. ... Then in your shell script you can do: ... echo "VAR1 is $" ...
      (comp.unix.shell)