The server is not configured for transactions

From: Lucy (someone_at_somewhere.com)
Date: 02/22/04

    Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 10:59:59 +1100

    HELP!

    I've got an NT4 SP6a server.
    I am running it as a proxy server and a PDC.
    I am running MS Proxy 2.0

    I have 5 Windows 2000 Professional workstations.
    I install the LATEST Norton Antivirus software, on both the server and the
    clients.
    I have the server go out every night at 1am and get/check for updates to the
    anti-virus definitions.
    I then have it scan at 2am, checking every file for a virus.

    This morning, it found "BackDoor.Trojan", but isolated/Quarantined it. It
    discovered it at 2:41am, leading me
    to believe the scheduled scan found it and took care of it.

    I get up the next morning, log on the a workstation, and can see the
    proxy/server and can ever FTP, Browse, and get/send email.
    I CANNOT get to other computers on the network.

    When I click on network neighborhood, and then the name of my domain (DHI),
    I get the following message:
    "DHI is not accessable.
    The server is not configured for transactions"

    If I go to Microsoft's site, all the references seem to point to Windows
    2000 solutions, and offer such helpful
    tidbits as, "check with your server admin to see if it's configured
    correctly."

    I *do not* know what to do.

    The trojan is gone, but I still cannot access other clients on the network.

    Any ideas would be more than welcomed...

    thanking you...

    • RE: Printing from Win9x clients stops
      ... Open Server Management. ... then right-click the name of the computer running Windows Small Business ... >From the client computer: ... The Select Network Component Type ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • RE: Printing from Win9x clients stops
      ... The printers with 9x drivers on the server appeared automatically in the ... > then right-click the name of the computer running Windows Small Business ... > From the client computer: ... The Select Network Component Type ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: random lockouts
      ... >> I've got a network with several Windows 2000 Servers and ... >> about 150 Windows 98 clients. ... >This problem occurs because the Windows 2000-based server ... >because the session that is reused is against a DFS ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #154
      ... MICROSOFT VULNERABILITY SUMMARY ... ISS RealSecure Server Sensor SSL Denial Of Service Vulnerabi... ... Roger Wilco Remote Server Side Buffer Overrun Vulnerability ... available for Microsoft Windows operating systems. ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • Re: Win Server 2003 -- 0x80072F78
      ... Service Pack 1 of Windows Server 2003, the technology used to deliver updates ... You do not know the proxy server name or its IP address and/or ... You cannot find the above items specified in the LAN Settings of the Internet ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)