IE homepage highjack: prevention

From: Nettransplant (nettransplant_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 10/27/03

    Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 01:17:59 GMT

    Is there a way to prevent homepage high jacking? I have just cleaned an
    office with a small workgroup, all patches and service packs up to date,
    and every w2k pro set had the homepage forced to a lop.com site either
    through a corrupted shortcut or registry change. Norton doesn't seem to
    stop this process although I thought this might be malicious script.

    Comments?

    • Re: IE homepage highjack: prevention
      ... > office with a small workgroup, all patches and service packs up to date, ... > and every w2k pro set had the homepage forced to a lop.com site either ...
      (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)