Re: NT Administrator Password

From: Neil Moore-Smith (nms_at_moore-smith.co.uk)
Date: 09/19/03

    Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 21:40:09 +0100

    Steve
    Uncrackable is impossible, as in theory you can brute-force it with every
    combination of letters/characters. It just takes a long time.
    My solution is to change the domain Administrator password regularly. This
    can be a pain in the neck because you have to change lots of service
    accounts on servers. I use a tool called Password Pro to do this
    automatically across the domain, so it's a doddle. It also changes local
    machine account passwords, in case someone is logging as the local
    Administrator and reading his personal folders. People often build a machine
    and set Administrator to use the same password, and never change it. That's
    risky.

    That utility is at http://www.crescendo.ltd.uk and it's inexpensive.

    Regards

    Neil