Re: NT Administrator Password

From: Neil Moore-Smith (
Date: 09/19/03

    Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 21:40:09 +0100

    Uncrackable is impossible, as in theory you can brute-force it with every
    combination of letters/characters. It just takes a long time.
    My solution is to change the domain Administrator password regularly. This
    can be a pain in the neck because you have to change lots of service
    accounts on servers. I use a tool called Password Pro to do this
    automatically across the domain, so it's a doddle. It also changes local
    machine account passwords, in case someone is logging as the local
    Administrator and reading his personal folders. People often build a machine
    and set Administrator to use the same password, and never change it. That's

    That utility is at and it's inexpensive.

    "steve" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    > I have a very paranoid boss who is certain that his emails are being read
    > someone with the admin password. To try and calm him I have changed the
    > admin password to something that I only know about - however, we all know
    > that you can obtain password hacking tools straight from the web.
    > Is there a way to make an administrators password impossible to crack ??
    > Cheers
    > Steve

    • Re: Administrator Password
      ... physical access to your computer to do such. ... --- Steve ... > It was a point of sale system with the OS installed by the vendor who is ... I am prompted for the Administrator password. ...
    • Re: password problem
      ... This will allow you to reset the administrator password: ... Steve ... Robert Colon wrote: ... Is there anyway that ican ...
    • Re: missing password
      ... --- Steve ... > I lost the administrator password. ... > log on without having to re-install the OS software ...
    • Password Recovery W2k Server.
      ... Administrator password on one of my Windows 2000 Servers? ... Steve. ...
    • Re: Change Domain Administrator Password SBS 2K3
      ... Definitely need to record the old Administrator password. ... The server is utilizing Exchange, ... Check for any Services running that is using the administrator account. ... Record the old admin password. ...