Default file permissions (NT4.0)

From: Charles Woolever (talk_at_existingstations.com)
Date: 08/19/03

Date: 19 Aug 2003 07:41:26 -0700

How do I (can I?) setup a set of default file permissions so that
every time I create a new folder on a server, a set of groups always
has permissions listed for that folder that I can then go and tweak.
For example, I want group "Bad Users" to always have no access by
default on each folder created.

Thanks,

Charles

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Help!!!
    ... The C:\WINNT folder is the old name. ... involoved (Setup Launch, Cluster, and SQL Service accounts. ... Microsoft SQL Server MVP ... > Remote process exit code was '0'. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
  • Re: Checking if outlook has been setup with a server, and if email
    ... Outlook with no server setup, just a personal folder file and address book, ...
  • Re: Downloading messages sent in OWA with a POP3 setup
    ... We have dial-up accounts setup for them however it is not cost effective for ... >> download any messages in the Sent Items folder that is on the server? ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)
  • Re: Computers not applying group policies
    ... I had no reverse DNS zone setup. ... server on the old NT domain controller until it was time to switch over. ... >> We are setting up roaming profiles and folder redirection. ...
  • DFS and UNC access
    ... I have a situation with DFS that I need some assistance with. ... I am attempting to setup two new W2k3 servers which replace my existing W2k ... Old Server: TCW2KSRV1 - Secondary DC, Recently moved FSMO, GC to new server ... On TC1 I have created a folder named Shared as a top level share, ...