Group Policy and traveling Users

From: BigHaig (bighaig_at_foot.com)
Date: 07/15/03

Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 23:15:01 GMT

Hello all,
I have an issue with laptop users who take their laptops home, and group
policies applied in the office. How do we deal with traveling users with
group policy? The group policy will still remain on their laptops even if
those users do not logon to the office network. We have policies which
prevent certain users from saving files locally, how would we "disable" this
when they are offline?

Is the only way to have them log onto the laptop locally or with another
account?

Any advice will is appreciated.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: One Users My Documents no longer redirected.
    ... Group Policy Infrastructure failed due to the error listed below. ... One thing I haven't tried yet is to attach the laptop ... Is the user account in the same ... active directory OU as the other users whose redirection works? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Printer not visible
    ... I assume that ICF is Internet Connection Firewall. ... the firewall on the laptop because it was controlled by group policy. ... I really do need to figure out how to control group policy. ... Please complete a re-registration process by entering the secure code mmpng06 when prompted. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • GPOs at Site level
    ... I know that Group Policy can be linked to a Site as opposed to an OU. ... I'm looking for feedback on other peoples experiences with applying settings ... Many of our users are laptop users and tend to move between sites and each ... which as we all know leaves us open to human error = more work. ...
  • Re: Folder Redirection Problem
    ... I will check the event log on the laptop today. ... check the laptop settings and verify the SBS server is the only DNS setting. ... Then check the event log on the laptop and post the reason group policy is not being applied. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: make domain GP not apply to local computer?
    ... down the system which is "computer" configuration Group Policy. ... then a different GP can be set for the laptop computers to allow users to ... normal Group Policy user configuration settings in a merge or replace mode. ...