Re: Changing Windows system/user accounts

From: closedanger (closedanger_at_nc.rr.com)
Date: 07/02/03

    Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 01:07:04 GMT

    Jack wrote:
    > Is there a way within Windows XP or a prog I can use to change the Documents
    > and Settings user account that the system was originally installed with? I
    > have tried going into the Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer
    > Mangement>Local Users and Groups>Users and changed the original name to the
    > new name, and then used System Mechanic to Customize Windows Settings>System
    > and adjusted all the Windows Paths to be the new name instead of the
    > original.
    >
    > So far so good.
    >
    > But when I open up the C:\Documents and Settings folder all the original
    > administrative Application Data, Cookies, Desktop, etc, etc, Start Menu,
    > etc, etc are still in a folder under the original name and even after the
    > account has been renamed and the paths for the account have been changed as
    > detailed above trying to just rename the folder fails giving the error "xxx
    > is a Windows system folder and is required for Windows to run properly. It
    > cannot be moved or renamed."
    >
    > Any help, thanks.

    Those settings are stored in the registry keys. Run>regedit.

    • Re: New Disk File Problem
      ... I am running Windows XP PROFESSIONAL sp2. ... This is not your administrator account, ... >> Open Explorer, go to Tools and Folder Options, on the view tab, scroll to ...
    • Re: New Disk File Problem
      ... I am running Windows XP PROFESSIONAL sp2. ... This is not your administrator account, ... >> Open Explorer, go to Tools and Folder Options, on the view tab, scroll to ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
    • Re: New Disk File Problem
      ... I am running Windows XP PROFESSIONAL sp2. ... This is not your administrator account, ... >>> Open Explorer, go to Tools and Folder Options, on the view tab, scroll ...
    • Re: New Disk File Problem
      ... I am running Windows XP PROFESSIONAL sp2. ... This is not your administrator account, ... >>> Open Explorer, go to Tools and Folder Options, on the view tab, scroll ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
    • Re: New Disk File Problem
      ... This is not your administrator account, ... Open Explorer, go to Tools and Folder Options, on the view tab, scroll to ... > I have gone to windows explorer tools and selected folder options and the> view tab. ...