Re: Spooler subsystem app accessing DNS

From: Boogie Woogie Flu (spam_at_email.sux)
Date: 06/08/03

Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 20:07:33 GMT

No miscommunication. Just misinformation.

"Ellie" <ACEHMP@aol.com> wrote in message
> > Nope. It's definitely the DNS server assigned by my ISP.
>
> Perhaps we're miscommunicating.
>
> The DNS server assigned by your ISP IS YOU -- it's your computer(your
> computer acts as a "server" during connection to the internet, and has
> a DNS decimal name assigned to it that correlates with your computer's
> short name. This has nothing to do with the 127.0.0.1 internal
> communication, per se).
>
> Think about it. There's no reason/way for ZA to alert YOU to an
> attempt to access your ISP's DNS. Your ISP's DNS is a huge computer
> somewhere else, with it's own "short name," and other than the initial
> handshake between you and your ISP (which is when "short names" were
> exchanged and your connection-specific DNS was assigned to YOUR short
> name), your computer's software couldn't care less about your
> provider's short name.
>
> Just trying to help you think through your issue. I certainly don't
> know all the answers!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Spooler subsystem app accessing DNS
    ... No miscommunication. ... Just misinformation. ... It's definitely the DNS server assigned by my ISP. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Spooler subsystem app accessing DNS
    ... No miscommunication. ... Just misinformation. ... It's definitely the DNS server assigned by my ISP. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Spooler subsystem app accessing DNS
    ... No miscommunication. ... Just misinformation. ... It's definitely the DNS server assigned by my ISP. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Exchange - multiple relay?
    ... I want to change the way I send mail from a forward to ISP to DNS. ... Your firewall does not need to be listening for an incoming port 25 connection for outgoing mail. ... keeping your exchange box inaccessible from the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: "Microsoft Location Finder" - how is it supposed to work ?
    ... Of course my home DSL points to my ISP located 12 ... >That might eventually work for DHCP settings - but not static. ... so they just convinced the RADIUS server to ... Using DNS for that is ridiculous. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)