Running .CMD outside user context

From: - AJS (A)
Date: 05/27/03

Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 10:45:04 -0700

Hello,
I have a kludge I have to live with, and I'd like to clean it up some.
Specifically, I have a small .CMD that redirects printers 9 from LPTx to a
network print server, on a Citrix Metaframe/W2K TS server. It all works
fine, but the script only takes effect when the Console of the Server is
logged in and then the script run. Not an ideal situation even with a secure
room to house the server.

I need to run this script as a Service, I believe, such that the printer
redirect takes effect after the Spooler is started, independent of if and
how the Console is logged on to. And while I can script a bit, I cannot
program a lick of code.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
- AJS

  • Re: [case closed, second edition]
    ... > console and X server running. ... "resolution and color depth of your X desktop must match resolution and ... resolution and color depth of the fb console must be ... a simple script must be written to invoke the fbset command ...
    (comp.os.linux.powerpc)
  • Re: Running .CMD outside user context
    ... to call CMD.EXE and have CMD.EXE execute the CMD file (the /k parameter if I ... > network print server, on a Citrix Metaframe/W2K TS server. ... > logged in and then the script run. ... > how the Console is logged on to. ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
  • Running .CMD outside user context
    ... I have a small .CMD that redirects printers 9 from LPTx to a ... network print server, on a Citrix Metaframe/W2K TS server. ... logged in and then the script run. ... how the Console is logged on to. ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
  • Running .CMD outside user context
    ... I have a small .CMD that redirects printers 9 from LPTx to a ... network print server, on a Citrix Metaframe/W2K TS server. ... logged in and then the script run. ... how the Console is logged on to. ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
  • Re: Same Internal Server Error from last two days
    ... I am trying to run a Hello World Perl Script in Apache 2.2. ... But its constantly giving me Internal Server Error.The script ... # have to place corresponding `LoadModule' lines at this location so the ...
    (perl.beginners)