Re: NT4 - W2K Upgrade

From: M.Z. (bombadilski_at_netscape.net)
Date: 05/06/03

Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 08:53:16 -0400

Jeff's right, your server might not be able to handle W2003 requirements as
well as W2K. And backUp is the most important part here.
"Jeff Cochran" <jcochran.nospam@naplesgov.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 05 May 2003 17:41:10 GMT, "truocra" <clydes23@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Anybody mind giving me some pointers, warnings, advices about upgrading
from
> >NT4 to W2K OS.
>
> Depends a lot on what you have on the system and what you're trying to
> do. Best pointer is to have multiple good backups, just in case.
>
> >Would anyone recommend just waiting for Server2003?
>
> Some might. But an upgrade from W2K would be easier, though I'm a big
> fan of clean installs and migration.
>
> Jeff

Relevant Pages

  • RE: [SLE] Configuring swat -- off topic
    ... I plan on taking another crack at upgrading ... those packages might not have been on the CDs for that newer SuSE version. ... Recover everything from the YAST backup ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: HELP! can send email, but cannot receive
    ... Susan Conkey [MVP] ... upgrading or otherwise, until I got a handle on getting it properly ... my backup program is not clearing out the log files, ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Installation keeps restarting
    ... I did a major backup 6 ... Upgrading from WinME to WinXP is not a "simple" move, ... WinME and a WinNT-based OS such as WinXP. ...
  • Re: Back up to dvd rw
    ... Did you try upgrading the firmware? ... >>>> will need a different backup strategy. ... >>>> One imaging program that is cheap and easy to use is Image for Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Upgrade from Home to Pro
    ... Thanks - I'm not "upgrading" by choice - have to have it ... for a training course (to teach me all the stuff I don't ... >backup of all important data files to a removable medium ... >please post questions in newsgroup. ...