Re: NT4 - W2K Upgrade

From: M.Z. (
Date: 05/06/03

Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 08:53:16 -0400

Jeff's right, your server might not be able to handle W2003 requirements as
well as W2K. And backUp is the most important part here.
"Jeff Cochran" <> wrote in message
> On Mon, 05 May 2003 17:41:10 GMT, "truocra" <>
> wrote:
> >Anybody mind giving me some pointers, warnings, advices about upgrading
> >NT4 to W2K OS.
> Depends a lot on what you have on the system and what you're trying to
> do. Best pointer is to have multiple good backups, just in case.
> >Would anyone recommend just waiting for Server2003?
> Some might. But an upgrade from W2K would be easier, though I'm a big
> fan of clean installs and migration.
> Jeff

Relevant Pages

  • RE: [SLE] Configuring swat -- off topic
    ... I plan on taking another crack at upgrading ... those packages might not have been on the CDs for that newer SuSE version. ... Recover everything from the YAST backup ...
  • Re: HELP! can send email, but cannot receive
    ... Susan Conkey [MVP] ... upgrading or otherwise, until I got a handle on getting it properly ... my backup program is not clearing out the log files, ...
  • Re: Installation keeps restarting
    ... I did a major backup 6 ... Upgrading from WinME to WinXP is not a "simple" move, ... WinME and a WinNT-based OS such as WinXP. ...
  • Re: Back up to dvd rw
    ... Did you try upgrading the firmware? ... >>>> will need a different backup strategy. ... >>>> One imaging program that is cheap and easy to use is Image for Windows ...
  • Re: Upgrade from Home to Pro
    ... Thanks - I'm not "upgrading" by choice - have to have it ... for a training course (to teach me all the stuff I don't ... >backup of all important data files to a removable medium ... >please post questions in newsgroup. ...