Re: NTFS file security not working

From: JohnB (johnb@btin.com)
Date: 04/15/03

    From: "JohnB" <johnb@btin.com>
    Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 11:46:20 +0100

    Derek,

        Seems to be a FunLove infection, thanks to Johnathan in admin.misc
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.funlove.4099.htm

    John

    "derek / nul" <abuse@sgrail.org> wrote in message
    > Reapply SP6a and the files will be good.
    >
    > On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 13:56:41 +0100, "JohnB" <johnb@btin.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi,
    > >
    > > Good one here I think..... We have an NT4 member server with sp6a
    > >installed. For some reason or another any NTFS file security we place on
    > >any drive fails, for example even if we remove "everyone" from the ACL
    > >anyone can access the file/directory. We've done a chkdsk with no
    > >indications of problems.
    > >I guess it might be a corrupt ntfs.sys file, but feel that just copying
    this
    > >over from a good system may leave us worse off!
    > >Anyone any ideas?
    > >
    > >John

    • Re: NTFS file security not working
      ... Reapply SP6a and the files will be good. ... For some reason or another any NTFS file security we place on ... >anyone can access the file/directory. ...
      (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
    • Re: because-word of the year 2013
      ... for some reason): All cited at ... irrelevant, because bacon. ... conjunction) "because" from last summer, ... your indications. ...
      (alt.usage.english)
    • Re: Complete List of Loose Threads 3.0
      ... and there seems no reason to rule out the possibility that this might ... include the Nagini. ... There are other indications that I have pointed ... "There are so many legends attached to the snake. ...
      (alt.fan.harry-potter)
    • NTFS file security not working
      ... For some reason or another any NTFS file security we place on ... any drive fails, for example even if we remove "everyone" from the ACL ...
      (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
    • Re: Submitted for your approval...
      ... I don't see any indications of it. ... Wild at times, but very good stuff. ... Any reason in particular you think ... he's hurt? ...
      (alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees)