windows security/updating

From: Jorie Walsh (jlwalsh1@uiuc.edu)
Date: 02/26/03

    From: "Jorie Walsh" <jlwalsh1@uiuc.edu>
    Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 16:41:55 -0600

    Hi.

    Here is a quick question:

    I am in charge of about 30 windows 2000 machines, and I need to somehow
    automate the windows updates--at some arbitrary time each day. Is there some
    kind of registry key that will do this?

    Basically I want to avoid walking around to each computer, and be able to
    remotely run windows updates (keep in mind for some of them you have to
    reboot).

    I'll take any suggestions.

    Jorie.

    Relevant Pages

    • RE: Tracking Actions
      ... You might be able to trap them at a "lower" level by using the Windows API ... > I have created a function log when a user clicks/changes a control on a ... This is to help when debugging errors to help try and determine what a ... > Database from the File menu, could this be logged somehow? ...
      (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
    • Re: Is there a way to "connect" files?
      ... >>> my hard drive (or a server folder) and be able to somehow indicate ... I'd like to be able to somehow ... >>> done in Windows Explorer to be useful. ... stinking stinking slime, a side of asparagus chips and a bowl of smegma. ...
      (alt.os.windows-xp)
    • Re: [SLE] General questions to dd.
      ... Can I do it during dd-ing or somehow ... > It know about the filesystem and backups only data, not empty space from the ... I have used it to clone Windows stations ... windows partitions, anyone know if Novell has updated it? ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Cannot activate sbcl
      ... Somehow I've managed to use 16GB and I'm using the 32bit version of Windows XP, and I was able to use all that memory (e.g. ... Somehow my hack can give you contigous memory, but later you can't reuse that memory for VirtualAlloc() - e.g. you can't give it back to VM for other stuff. ...
      (comp.lang.lisp)
    • Re: PING splatter [was: Re: Can a hacker spy on my e-mails and surfing?]
      ... >> 2000 and Win XP) hence it's just possible that combination is somehow ... > immune. ... I did what you said Dave. ...
      (comp.security.misc)