Re: exchange 2K mailprob

From: Jerry Leslie (LESLIE@JRLVAX.HOUSTON.RR.COM)
Date: 02/26/03

From: LESLIE@JRLVAX.HOUSTON.RR.COM (Jerry Leslie)
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 21:19:43 GMT

ITS (info@REMOVEits-snmp.be) wrote:
: 'Lo
:
: We have a exchange2k running here . Someone is spamming us with tons of
: mail to users of our domain that do not exist , this is with number like
: 2151656@ourdomain.ext , the numbers keep changing .
: How can i prevent that they send us email to non existing domainusers ?
:
: Thx n Greetz
: Chris
:
:
I have no idea, but you might find a solution here:

     http://www.slipstick.com/
     Slipstick Systems Exchange and Outlook Solutions Center

Other things to try:

  o Tracking down the spammer's ISP and getting their internet access
    cancelled.

  o Find the IP address of the node(s) sending the email and change
    the router to deny that address.

--Jerry Leslie (my opinions are strictly my own)
  Note: leslie@jrlvax.houston.rr.com is invalid for email