Re: Password Cracking

From: Jeff Williams (frostback1963@yahoo.com)
Date: 01/26/03

From: "Jeff Williams" <frostback1963@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 18:18:57 -0600

"S. Pidgorny [MVP]" <slavickp@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:#9s3szswCHA.968@TK2MSFTNGP12...

> Which indicates the need to avoid usage of passwords where possible. It's
> not too difficult to do (if you don't call IBM or alikes for advise, but
> that's yet another problem)

You still need something to verify that the user is who he says he is. If
you're going to suggest MS Passport, or something similar, I prefer trusting
my memory to trusting some corporate (or government) third party.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Password Cracking
    ... >> Which indicates the need to avoid usage of passwords where possible. ... >> not too difficult to do (if you don't call IBM or alikes for advise, ... > my memory to trusting some corporate third party. ... passwords perform the underlying user authentication in ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Password Cracking
    ... >> Which indicates the need to avoid usage of passwords where possible. ... >> not too difficult to do (if you don't call IBM or alikes for advise, ... > my memory to trusting some corporate third party. ... passwords perform the underlying user authentication in ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
  • Re: Password Cracking
    ... >> Which indicates the need to avoid usage of passwords where possible. ... >> not too difficult to do (if you don't call IBM or alikes for advise, ... > my memory to trusting some corporate third party. ... passwords perform the underlying user authentication in ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)