Cannot execute new programs

From: lallous (lallous@lgwm.org)
Date: 01/20/03

From: lallous@lgwm.org (lallous)
Date: 20 Jan 2003 12:03:42 -0800

Dear NG,

I have to fix a PC w/ NT4 WKS, but here is the problem:

The PC has an account (say XYZ) that when I log into, I can only run a
set of programs listed in the "Start Menu"
I log as an administrator, add new programs into XYZ's start menu,
then logon as XYZ and try to execute these new programs but I fail; NT
complains that I don't have rights to do so!

Can someone tell me how I can reset security attributes/whatever is
preventing me from running the newly added programs ?

I tried to delete the XYZ account and create it again, but I got same
results.

Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Limited/Restricted user can install programs.
    ... 2.user XYZ who is also administrator. ... as per the description in the user settings this user XYZ wont be able to install any programs but just use the system. ... Although spybot search & destroy wont launch setup warning that account is restricted. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Restricted user can install programs
    ... 2.user XYZ who is also administrator. ... as per the description in the user settings this user XYZ wont be able to install any programs but just use the system. ... Although spybot search & destroy wont launch setup warning that account is restricted. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Client SMTP Issue
    ... receive email all in one account, ... XYZ and send from Outlook here. ... and put the ABC server as POP and our server at ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.clients)
  • Re: Sendmail aliases, wildcards, and mail header manipulations
    ... given ISP for XYZ, Inc. ... When we receive the email we would like to strip ... where someacct is a local unix account. ... dnl The '-t' option will retry delivery if user is over quota ...
    (comp.mail.sendmail)
  • Re: Cannot execute new programs
    ... >I have to fix a PC w/ NT4 WKS, ... >then logon as XYZ and try to execute these new programs but I fail; ... >I tried to delete the XYZ account and create it again, ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)