System Policies issue

From: Geoff (geoff_durham@hotmail.com)
Date: 12/06/02

From: geoff_durham@hotmail.com (Geoff)
Date: 5 Dec 2002 21:07:01 -0800

I have a custom Policy Template (*.adm) file that doesn't wnat to keep
some specific settings. If for example I enable I enable "Disable Run
from the Start Menu", when I close (and save) the .POL file and reopen
it the setting has been disabled.

The funny thing is that if I open the registry with the *.adm file
loaded and set the policy it works. But running the *.pol file, the
policy does not take effect and it is reset.

Anyone seen this before?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: scripted logon
    ... Why can't you launch all the scripts from a Group Policy based Logon script. ... Here's the policy settings (I sure hope word wrap doesn't mess it up too ... Windows Components/Windows Installer ...
  • Re: GPO Update Problem (SYSVOL access via UNC)
    ... Server Security and Auditing Policy ... This list only includes links in the domain of the GPO. ... The settings in this GPO can only apply to the following groups, users, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Re: GPO Update Problem (SYSVOL access via UNC)
    ... > Server Security and Auditing Policy ... > This list only includes links in the domain of the GPO. ... > The settings in this GPO can only apply to the following groups, users, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Re: GPO Update Problem (SYSVOL access via UNC)
    ... >> Server Security and Auditing Policy ... >> The settings in this GPO can only apply to the following groups, users, ... >> Windows Firewall: Allow file and printer sharing exception Enabled ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Re: GP settings questions?
    ... I made a domain policy and all settings took ... Administering Group Policy by Using the Group Policy ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ... you may want to contact Microsoft CSS directly. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)