Re: remotely change admin password on workstations

From: Msangerm (Msangerm@inerach.com)
Date: 12/02/02

    From: "Msangerm" <Msangerm@inerach.com>
    Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 20:23:41 -0800

    Sorry to barge in why not use MMC That way you could create all workstations
    on one screen.
    I know that mmc is 2000 but it also works on NT4 workstations and servers
    with SP6a

    http://download.microsoft.com/download/platformsdk/Install/1.2.0/W9XNT4Me/EN
    -US/IMMC.EXE

    "DPW" <dezdog@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Why not just open up user manager for domains and change the name of the
    > domain to the local workstation that your trying to add an account to ,
    like
    > \\jbob . Than you can work with the local accounts on that workstation. It
    > may not be the best way if you have a lot of workstations to update the
    > account on. I assume your using NT4.
    >
    > Or if you can always try http://www.systemtools.com/hyena/?source=goto
    >

    > "Matt" <mhall@advantagepersonnel.com.au> wrote in message
    > > you should try using something like Pc Anywhere. Full remote access.
    > >
    > > <hsolazzi@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
    > > > How can I add a user account to a remote workstation.
    > > > Our main office is 50 miles away from the workstation location, and
    > > > techs need to hgave access to change Ip settings.
    > > > I need to be able to set up a temporary user account for the techs on
    > > > these workstations without having to physically touch the pc's. Then
    > > > I can disable the accounts. I need to st up local accountsnot domain
    > > > accounts.
    > > >
    > > > I am unsure of how to use User Manager for Domains...
    > > > I have admin accounts on each PC.
    > > > Can u advise? (Winnt and Win2k workstations).
    > > > Please ditto your response to my EMAIL address at:
    > > > HSolazziNOSPAM@ix.netcom.com
    > > > Remeber to remove NOSPAM from the address. Thanks!

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: Rollback Solution / Password Reset
      ... Mike Davidson Ireland ... environment where workstations are loosing connection to the Domain. ... the server is throwing the account off the domain. ... Instead of the website you're using, I suggest to use OEx (Outlook Express ...
    • Re: First Grade Basics Needed
      ... name should log me into my workstation account even if the server is down. ... I was planning on keeping the users's local accounts around for a while, ... workstations, push button on server, be sure light is blue, wait five ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: New Domain Name
      ... Danny wrote: ... Presently my workstations log on to mydomain.ca and ... transfer Files and Settings to new profile? ... account of user that utilizes this particular machine. ...
    • Controls for client machines
      ... I am trying to assess the risks that this causes to local data files and network security in general. ... For NT workstations it would be possible to use a NTFSDOS boot disk to ... allows the password of any local account to be set. ... domain account while disconnected from the network. ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • Re: Easy question on the local admin passwords
      ... Or even why worry about a local password on workstations. ... Set the account to a random long impossible to remember password and when you need to get into a machine and domain creds aren't working, reset the password with one of the hack CDs. ... The startup script has the obvious issues already discussed. ... GPO scripts which is not good because the SMS packages and GPO scripts ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)