Re: Files Gone Missing..Why ????

From: me (me@home.org)
Date: 11/29/02

From: "me" <me@home.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 08:20:37 -0500

scan for viruses?

"JN" <john@ambeth.co.uk> wrote in message
news:x7rF9.252$P%.66965@newsfep1-win.server.ntli.net...
> Hi All
>
> I've got this problem which is doing my little head in..PLEASE HELP IF YOU
> CAN & SAVE ME...
> I am a newbie systems admin at 4 local schools. The school in question is
> running NT 4 Server & 18 Win 95 clients..
> This is the problem...
>
> All of a sudden word documents (& Publisher docs) are "going missing". The
> full time IT helper in the school has
> had some problems with some of his database files, not gong missing but
half
> of the data
> in them has been erased.He was also CONVINCED that the aforementioned word
&
> publisher files were definatley saved.
>
> The school is a primary so I do not think the pupils are to blame.They
only
> have access to a shared folder for there particular year
> & the files that have gone missing are in different years.
> There is only a couple of admin accounts, which have now had all passwords
> changed. Today I have disconnected the network
> from the Internet but how likley is it that a hacker could be to blame ?
>
> Can NE1 Offer NE Advice
>
> Please
> John UK

Relevant Pages

  • Files Gone Missing..Why ????
    ... I am a newbie systems admin at 4 local schools. ... The school in question is ... All of a sudden word documents (& Publisher docs) are "going missing". ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
  • Re: Oh no, Haringey childcare professionals hit back!
    ... she dismissed a head teacher that had turned a failing ... outside the school, Shoesmith sacked not only the head, but also ... Shoesmith knew when the protest was ... OFSTED report was due out to state that the school was failing (no such ...
    (uk.politics.misc)
  • Re: Trust your teachers?
    ... > 'Mark of the beast' as I cut&paste the quoted. ... The RFID reader can also do a head count and drop a giant cone with "Dunce" written on it over the head of the individual with one head and two or more tags, rings the school bell like mad, thus summoning the head teacher who, recognising the geek was in the wrong school, uses cell phone technology to alert the head teacher of the school whose uniform the geek is wearing. ...
    (sci.physics)
  • Head teacher shortage growing
    ... One in five schools which advertised for a head teacher last year failed to find a suitable one, ... Researchers found that the number of people applying for vacancies in all types of school was lower than last year. ... "Yet school leadership remains the most rewarding of jobs in the influence that it can have over the lives of young people. ...
    (soc.men)
  • Re: Oh no, Haringey childcare professionals hit back!
    ... The only charge against the Head which was upheld was failure to do a risk assessment - when the Board of Governors refused to sack the head and parents protested outside the school, Shoesmith sacked not only the head, but also suspended the Board of Governors and PTA, then installed her own selection. ... Shoesmith knew when the protest was to take place, summoned the Head to a meeting which would take place while the protest was on, with Shoesmith's officer in her place at the school, and the head-in-waiting kept away 'for her own safety'. ... Friends of the school claim that she bullied the Head out of the school - official reports claim that it was because it was claimed that an OFSTED report was due out to state that the school was failing. ...
    (uk.politics.misc)