Windows Automatic Updates in Terminal Services

From: Justin Allen (
Date: 11/27/02

From: (Justin Allen)
Date: 27 Nov 2002 07:07:47 -0800

I was wondering how updates are installed when using 2000 as a
terminal server. I have started using automatic updates and it does
them late at night. I am starting to have some problems with users
having to install things twice and then sometimes the install doesn't
even work and the program is left useless. Thats a whole other
problem. But does microsoft put the server in install mode when
applying the updates? I would assume they do but can't find any real
proof. Thanks in advance.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Rescheduling missed updates with WSUS 3.0
    ... to install the updates or not. ... Managing the WSUS Automatic Updates Client Download, Install, and Reboot ... What would happen if the schedule was set for updating the clients at say ...
  • Re: 800703E7 error message
    ... I get this message when trying to install service pack 2. ... > Check for hardware driver updates? ... > Patches and Updates! ... > drivers for your hardware/operating system. ...
  • Re: Turn Off computer not working
    ... that says not to bother you again and click OK and try the shutdown ... I have downloaded a lot of updates via Microsoft's automatic updates. ... install important updates and turn off your computer". ...
  • Re: wsus question
    ... Did you install the .adm and configure it for the clients? ... POLICY!!AutoUpdateCfg ... AutoUpdateCfg="Configure Automatic Updates" ...
  • Re: i cant update windows!
    ... > download, but at the very end of the process it says that the ... I havent been able to get any updates ... First - cleanup your machine and ready it for Service Pack 2. ... Then install Service Pack 2 from the downloaded install file (not the ...