Re: Need to find Intuder Machine

From: Jeff Cochran (jcochran.nospam@naplesgov.com)
Date: 11/14/02

From: jcochran.nospam@naplesgov.com (Jeff Cochran)

>I was able to get the MAC of the
>machine and the machine name.
>Any ideas to find the drop the person is using when they do it, or to block
>access to that machine from NT 4.0?

Does your switch software provide any monitoring capabilities? Can you
configure your DHCP to hand out a specific IP to that MAC address and
track it in your switch traffic?

Jeff

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Managing Printers IP
    ... Should I use DHCP to do this or only rely on ... Either use a static IP or if you use DHCP create a treservation for ... the printer's MAC address. ... Jeff ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: Preventing DHCP from allocating IPs
    ... Each segment is physically separate with a Linux ... unknown MAC addresses firstly don't get a DHCP ... >> wants access to your network, they will have to come to you to obtain ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Secure your DHCP
    ... I can only think of allocating via dhcp reservation using network card ... Create an exclusion of your whole DHCP scope (So no IP's are free to be ... assign each mac address an Ip address from what was in your pool. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: static IP addresses on LAN
    ... One Mac is an intel iMac, ... it is connected to the network and internet... ... If I instead configure it to use DHCP, then it gets assigned the wrong IP ... The other possibility is that you have more than 1 router. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: works on desk computer but not on wireless laptop
    ... RARP server, the DHCP server, or manually? ... So I chose that and now it wants to know the DHCP Client ID. ... And a 12 character number like a Mac ID. ... The OEM computer MAC address is the same as the DHCP ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)