Task Scheduler

From: MvdM (mvdm@wanadoo.nl)
Date: 11/06/02

From: "MvdM" <mvdm@wanadoo.nl>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 18:28:39 GMT

Hi,

I'm trying to modify the Task Scheduler Service in Windows NT 4 Workstation.
I want to change the user and password that must be used by the service.
The option Local Account is selected, but I can't deselect it and I can't
choose
another account since the other fields are grayed out... I need to change
the
user because the network must be accessed, without someone logging in or
out...
Anyone an idea what to do?

Btw, is the Task Scheduler service the same service as the Scheduler
service?

If possible send your reply also to mvdmeer@nwb.nl, I can't access the news
groups
from my office.

Thanks in advance

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How do I fix task scheduler?
    ... Peter in Toronto, Canada. ... It may help to restart Windows. ... > "Task Scheduler Service" ... > Windows XP Home SP1 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: Task Scheduler wont start
    ... How to Restore the Default NTFS Permissions for Windows 2000 ... Could not start the Task Scheduler service on Local Computer. ... Created and attempted to schedule suggested bat file: ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.setup)
  • Re: Task Scheduler service is on STARTING STATE
    ... Microsoft MVP [Windows] ... | After installing banth of Patches my Windows 2003 server could not run the ... | Task Scheduler service. ... | 3) Uninstall all the Patches i have installed earlier. ...
  • Re: Could not start the Task Scheduler service on Local Computer
    ... following error message when you try to start the Task Scheduler service: ... This issue occurs when the Startup type option is set to Disabled in the ... Event Log service in the Services snap-in. ... Error message when you try to start the Task Scheduler service in Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: reinstalling Task Scheduler
    ... Microsoft MVP [Windows] ... Could not start the Task Scheduler service on Local Computer ... | way is to just reinstall the Task Scheduler. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)